where in the world is this monkey from?

I have now been told TWICE that I have an accent. TWICE I have been asked about my origins. And TWICE I have said, "Bountiful, Utah!" TWICE I have been give looks of disbelief. TWICE I have been told I must be from somewhere, anywhere but Utah. TWICE I have smiled politely and stood there awkwardly. Today I asked what type of accent I had and the guy couldn't tell me. So, now I am horrendously confused: Where in the world is this monkey from?

If anyone can shed some light on the subject I will send them some monkeysoup via snail mail.

[P.S. I guess this means I don't have a Utahan accent, though I do love moun'ins and going to Lay'n is always a treat.]

[P.P.S. I also was told I looked like a character from the TV show 'Lost' (some Juliet Burke, or something like that). My conclusion: I am a celebrity of sorts. Maybe I really did come from the circus.]

Comments

  1. Maybe now you believe us that you came from the circus, or was it the jungle? Just joking!!! I remember my non-Utahn roommates thought we Utahns talked weird. Are these people questioning your accent from outside of Utah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but so far they have both been from Colorado and Arizona. And both male. Maybe that has something to do with it. But still, it is rather odd. I'm confuzzled.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady