...and this is a rant.
Have I ever mentioned that I am a blogstalker? Well, I am. It's been said that curiosity killed the cat. I think this kitten was just eaten on toast.
I stumbled across a blog today - a dating diary written by Mormon bachelors. It was typical of BYU. It was funny. I laughed... until I started reading further. They wrote about every single first date and break-up phone/texting conversations and all the things they had done with girls and on and on and on and on. I quickly stopped reading. It was horrible. And now I am disgusted and sad. Why?!? Why?!? Why?!? I don't get it. Why do people have to be so selfish? Why do people think they can treat others with so little respect? And why in the world do people think like that?
I know it goes both ways. Some girls encourage that behavior because they are also willing to toe the line. I hope I NEVER EVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS lower myself to that standard. It's not worth it. As my wise roommate stated, "Why lick an ice cream cone now when you can enjoy the entire cone later?"
With that, I am so grateful that I have been treated with respect, especially by my best friend. Because of that, I know I am worth something. I deserve respect, but with that expectation, I also have to be willing to give respect in return.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Sure means a lot to me!
I stumbled across a blog today - a dating diary written by Mormon bachelors. It was typical of BYU. It was funny. I laughed... until I started reading further. They wrote about every single first date and break-up phone/texting conversations and all the things they had done with girls and on and on and on and on. I quickly stopped reading. It was horrible. And now I am disgusted and sad. Why?!? Why?!? Why?!? I don't get it. Why do people have to be so selfish? Why do people think they can treat others with so little respect? And why in the world do people think like that?
I know it goes both ways. Some girls encourage that behavior because they are also willing to toe the line. I hope I NEVER EVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS lower myself to that standard. It's not worth it. As my wise roommate stated, "Why lick an ice cream cone now when you can enjoy the entire cone later?"
With that, I am so grateful that I have been treated with respect, especially by my best friend. Because of that, I know I am worth something. I deserve respect, but with that expectation, I also have to be willing to give respect in return.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Sure means a lot to me!
Was this Mormon Bachelor Pad? Oh man, some of my sisters love that blog, and Katie loved it. I absolutely hate it. I think I read one post and was just disgusted. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's satire (at least to a degree), but there's a level in it that just seems sincere or like they believe it. It's so gross. I hate it, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Because it disgusts me when people I know talk about it.
ReplyDelete