i'm not hungry, dang it!
Preface: Guy #1 came into English asking if anyone had read The Hunger Games Series. I responded in the affirmative because I was curious to see his reaction (he loves them, by the way). Guy #2 (aka Creepy BOM Romance Guy) heard our conversation.
Me: Walking out of class hurriedly, headed towards the bookstore to spend money on happy things.
Guy #1: Walks behind me, and asks with a cool and nonchalant voice: So, um, what kind of books do you like to read? I'm always looking for a good book.
Guy #2: Slides in from behind, butts Guy #1 aside: Have you read this book? What about this one? How about....?
Me: Nope, never heard of it, but I'll nod in affirmation anyways. Yup, sure, that's great. I'm sure you can find a romance plot in that one, too. But I'm confused, you're not the person who asked me the first question (Note: since I couldn't see Guy #1, I had really no idea who I was talking to).
Finally exit Guy #2.
Me: Sigh of relief.
Immediately enter Guy #1: So as I was asking, what other books do you like to read? Do you like adventure books? What about survival? Have you read....? (And on and on and on...).
To their credit, it was nice of both of them to remember that a) I'm an English Major, b) not to run away, and c) to ask me what I like to read. But honestly, I hate The Hunger Games. And I just bought the sequel.
Darn you Guy #1. I really don't have time for this.
Me: Walking out of class hurriedly, headed towards the bookstore to spend money on happy things.
Guy #1: Walks behind me, and asks with a cool and nonchalant voice: So, um, what kind of books do you like to read? I'm always looking for a good book.
Guy #2: Slides in from behind, butts Guy #1 aside: Have you read this book? What about this one? How about....?
Me: Nope, never heard of it, but I'll nod in affirmation anyways. Yup, sure, that's great. I'm sure you can find a romance plot in that one, too. But I'm confused, you're not the person who asked me the first question (Note: since I couldn't see Guy #1, I had really no idea who I was talking to).
Finally exit Guy #2.
Me: Sigh of relief.
Immediately enter Guy #1: So as I was asking, what other books do you like to read? Do you like adventure books? What about survival? Have you read....? (And on and on and on...).
To their credit, it was nice of both of them to remember that a) I'm an English Major, b) not to run away, and c) to ask me what I like to read. But honestly, I hate The Hunger Games. And I just bought the sequel.
Darn you Guy #1. I really don't have time for this.
Comments
Post a Comment