spanked
Supposedly children who were spanked by their parents have lower IQ, are aggressive, and are otherwise antisocial. It has also been said that washing out a child's mouth with soap causes blindness.
In thinking about these correlations, I wonder at the possibilities. Just think: I could have been really smart. I could have 20/20 vision. In short, I could be a moral, kind, and loving citizen.
Oh the possibilities. If only there were hope for my children (those who are spanked typically end up spanking their posterity). Sadly, it's a vicious cycle. Sigh. I guess my children will have bad eye sight and be cognitively behind the rest of their peers.
But there is hope! Here it is, in writing:
I shall not spank my child. I shall not spank my child. I shall not spank my child.
There. I consider those words legal and binding.
I wonder how long it will last...
[Note to Mom and Dad: If you can't tell, I'm joking. In fact, I probably deserved to have my bum spanked and my mouth cleansed. I just relish in the fact that I am the guinea pig child :).]
In thinking about these correlations, I wonder at the possibilities. Just think: I could have been really smart. I could have 20/20 vision. In short, I could be a moral, kind, and loving citizen.
Oh the possibilities. If only there were hope for my children (those who are spanked typically end up spanking their posterity). Sadly, it's a vicious cycle. Sigh. I guess my children will have bad eye sight and be cognitively behind the rest of their peers.
But there is hope! Here it is, in writing:
I shall not spank my child. I shall not spank my child. I shall not spank my child.
There. I consider those words legal and binding.
I wonder how long it will last...
[Note to Mom and Dad: If you can't tell, I'm joking. In fact, I probably deserved to have my bum spanked and my mouth cleansed. I just relish in the fact that I am the guinea pig child :).]
Sorry you have to be the guinea pig. At times I feel like all of you are guinea pigs because you are all so different and what works with one doesn't necessarily work with another.
ReplyDeleteThere was lots of things I wasn't going to do when I was a mom. Oh how things change when you are actually there and not just observing from the outside.
Thanks for writing. I look forward to reading your posts.
Love,
Mom