take that, stephenie meyer!

One of the best things I've ever heard: writers bash Stephenie Meyer. Not only that, but Utah authors. Mormon authors. As in fellow BYU graduate authors. Huzzah! I'm so glad to hear there is still sanity in this world that does not involve sparkly, rock-hard men!

As a side note, hearing from real authors is scary. Their work is hard - I'd say it is the least ideal job on the market. Why? Because you have to sit on your bum all day, resisting the temptation to play Minesweeper, all while cranking out a story or a revision to meet a deadline. But when I hear them speak and banter with each other (they are hilarious! If I could ever be that funny I could be a stand-up comedian), I can tell that it is the most fulfilling job in the world. To give life to a character, a story, a situation - to anything, really - is satisfactory. Difficult, yes, but ultimately one of the best things I could ever hope to do.

[Inspiration for this post: Carol Lynch Williams, Cheri Earl, and Rick Walton.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady