watching clouds

Today I took a nap. It was marvelous. Aside from the fact that I had my thirteenth (or so) missionary dream, it was great. When I woke up, I didn't want to move. So I didn't. Instead, I laid on my bed, watching the clouds out my window. The sky was so blue and the rustling leaves in the trees were a bright yellow. The contrast was beautiful.

I watched jets go by leaving traces of dust in the sky. The clouds were wispy-like, almost like angels skiing. I wish I had taken a picture from where I lay. It was so peaceful and beautiful - I needed that quiet moment to myself.

But the moment was too quiet, too solitary. I wish I could have shared those clouds and that sky with someone else. I wish they could have seen the leaves and the sky and the clouds as I saw them in peaceful repose.

I wished for those things so badly that it ached. Suddenly the scene wasn't so beautiful to me anymore.

I turned over, and got up. It hurt to look at the sky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady