things i miss

  • being random
  • funny conversations
  • serious conversations
  • laughing
  • gnome videos
  • poop
  • bouncing ideas back and forth
  • porch sitting
  • playing chess
  • holding hands
  • feeling rock solid
  • r-e-s-p-e-c-t
  • my best friend

Maybe I'm just being silly, and maybe it's only been a week, but everyday I notice more things that mean the world to me. And I've realized, that now, at moments when I need those things, they are gone. It's ironic: whenever I was feeling blue or soggy on the inside, I would tell my best friend first. Now when my cheeks are damp, I can't go running in the same direction as before.

I feel like I'm running in circles. Blind and useless circles. The earth turns in circles. Everyday, spinning around and around and around. The earth travels in a circle. Everyday, just a little bit farther around and around and around. Two years of spinning, turning, spiraling. If I think to hard about it, I get dizzy. And I fall. Looking back at two years is a long gaze. Looking up at two years is even farther.

Sigh. I've got homework to do. If only I wasn't so tired and dizzy.

I miss my best friend.

Comments

  1. I cried when I read this post. I really did and I really understand.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady