a remembrance
the speckled tiles glaring stared, a look
so marred in empty blues and greens with flecks,
those aged sighs of yellowed, faded specks.
and I my head bowed clung to hope and took
a silent sigh to be my prayer of hope,
a whispered plea to living's final love.
tears hid and silent, trembling fell, a trove
of aching, hidden final fears, to cope
with death's entwisting, marring pain that wrung
my heart, a thousand scenes of loss recalled
as heartfelt prayers for you were heaven-flung.
still staring at the floor of death-worn halls,
my face is gray as whispering your name
I pray to see you smile, alive again.
so marred in empty blues and greens with flecks,
those aged sighs of yellowed, faded specks.
and I my head bowed clung to hope and took
a silent sigh to be my prayer of hope,
a whispered plea to living's final love.
tears hid and silent, trembling fell, a trove
of aching, hidden final fears, to cope
with death's entwisting, marring pain that wrung
my heart, a thousand scenes of loss recalled
as heartfelt prayers for you were heaven-flung.
still staring at the floor of death-worn halls,
my face is gray as whispering your name
I pray to see you smile, alive again.
Comments
Post a Comment