willows in the sky
there were willows in the sky,
bright tears fading into darkness,
a golden glow that burst and wept
drawing my heart into the embers
that cooled and softened into black.
burst after fading burst, I stifle tears,
seeing those draping branches
streaming over empty stars,
remembering the initial brightness,
the awe in the glow I long to see.
the light dims.
I blink the ash from my eyes
daring to hope my shivering arms
will be warmed, strengthened
beneath the tendriled gaze
of fading stars and empty night.
bright tears fading into darkness,
a golden glow that burst and wept
drawing my heart into the embers
that cooled and softened into black.
burst after fading burst, I stifle tears,
seeing those draping branches
streaming over empty stars,
remembering the initial brightness,
the awe in the glow I long to see.
the light dims.
I blink the ash from my eyes
daring to hope my shivering arms
will be warmed, strengthened
beneath the tendriled gaze
of fading stars and empty night.
You are unbelievably gifted with a natural talent for poetry.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jefferson.
ReplyDelete