defeating the beast
Sometimes it takes a little time to convince myself that I am going to rock this beast called LIFE. Maybe it takes a few seconds, minutes, or hours, but I usually come out triumphant with my mind radiant and excited to take on the beast again when he revives. But right now, I think I need a couple of days - nay, I need a couple of weeks - to convince myself (and everyone else) that I can do this. Or maybe everyone else is already convinced, and I am the only one left with any doubts.
Sigh. Okay, I am the one with doubts. And yet, I've done this before! Remember that three-headed beast of AP deathly madness? I conquered him! And then the beast of last winter's 17 hours? Yup, he met a rather timely demise, too. And then there is the beast of hairy dimensions. I don't like to talk about him, but whenever he shows up, I do my best to send him packing as quick as possible. With all of these beasty pelts hanging on my wall, why is it that I doubt my abilities?
I know why I doubt myself: I need more time. I need more sleep. I need more self-confidence. I need more gnomes (honestly, gnome armies make everything easier, even if it is a bit stinkier). But most of all, I need more faith. I need to take the first stab and begin this fight. Even if I am already starting out as the underdog, fatigued and struggling, I can do it. Think of all the people who failed then rose above the beast that attempted to destroy them!
I can do this! Sporking this beast should be a piece of cake! I CAN do hard things!

Algorithmic and code beast, YOU ARE MINE. I hope you don't have any complaints with the fact that I plan to stomp on you, smash you, and then spork you with rusty metal. Muhahaha!
Sigh. Okay, I am the one with doubts. And yet, I've done this before! Remember that three-headed beast of AP deathly madness? I conquered him! And then the beast of last winter's 17 hours? Yup, he met a rather timely demise, too. And then there is the beast of hairy dimensions. I don't like to talk about him, but whenever he shows up, I do my best to send him packing as quick as possible. With all of these beasty pelts hanging on my wall, why is it that I doubt my abilities?
I know why I doubt myself: I need more time. I need more sleep. I need more self-confidence. I need more gnomes (honestly, gnome armies make everything easier, even if it is a bit stinkier). But most of all, I need more faith. I need to take the first stab and begin this fight. Even if I am already starting out as the underdog, fatigued and struggling, I can do it. Think of all the people who failed then rose above the beast that attempted to destroy them!
I can do this! Sporking this beast should be a piece of cake! I CAN do hard things!

Algorithmic and code beast, YOU ARE MINE. I hope you don't have any complaints with the fact that I plan to stomp on you, smash you, and then spork you with rusty metal. Muhahaha!
Spork him good!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete