notice

It always amazes me when people NOTICE and when they do something about it. Maybe I'm too FOCUSEd ON one thing or another to notice the important little things. I'm always in a hurry, always watching where my feet are stepping and not noticing THE people around me. I sometimes don't even notice things about myself, which can be a LITTLE concerning. Like last week when I made the long hike from my apartment to the library, only to get to the library doors and have a lady tap me on my shoulder to say, "Your skirt is caught up in the back - I can see a lot of your slip..." (Note: It was caught up pretty high. Luckily I was wearing biker shorts underneath, otherwise I think I would have given the honor code a run for its money). But still, the fact that she noticed and said something was pretty cool to me (much cooler than it was embarrassing. I think I caused a ruckus in the library because I was laughing so hard. I love awkward situations).

And then there's noticing THINGS in other ways. Like my supervisor at work who just happened to ask, "Hey, are you doing all right? You haven't been quite as bubbly lately and I just want to make sure things are going well." I personally thought I was hiding my stress quite nicely, but the fact that someone notice was really neat. People care, they really do. And that will forever be surprising to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady