to the kid from jr. high who reintroduced himself to me today in the cs ta lab:

I'm sorry I (still) don't remember who you are. We did plays together? Really? I honestly don't remember. I'm pretty sure you weren't my spouse in Joseph (nor did you wear the amazing technicolor dreamcoat). I'm also pretty sure I didn't stalk you in Fame, nor did we run around together as Asian siblings for a month during The King and I.

We went to the same Jr. high, you say? Oh. Cool. You were a part of the Nerds At Large league? I think I was, too... Oh! And you went to the state math contest? I think I was the only girl who went that year amongst the packs of ravenous pre-adolescent boys. It's amazing I don't remember you (there's a lot of other people I don't remember from that bus ride...). Crazy.

*insert cautious and reserved smile with a sense of forced friendliness here*

(I still don't remember you.)

Nice meeting you (again). I'm not too ashamed to admit this, but forgive me if I forget (again). Such is my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady