if i were cool
A conversation I recently had while walking home from class:
Me: "Our presentation is going to be SWEET."
Girl: "Yeah, that new computer program is pretty cool."
Me: "Seriously. It's so high-tech - it makes me feel like a graphic designer, or someone cool like that."
Guy walking in front of us: "Did you just say you were a graphic designer? That is so awesome! I'm looking into the program..."
Me: Laughter. "Um, no. We just learned how to use a new program in our English class."
Guy: "Oh. Never mind."
I wish I was that cool. Seriously. Think of the glamor and glitz! Sadly, the excitement from pretending to be cool wears off pretty quickly.
Someday I'll be cool. Maybe I'll be flipping burgers, but I will still be cool.
Me: "Our presentation is going to be SWEET."
Girl: "Yeah, that new computer program is pretty cool."
Me: "Seriously. It's so high-tech - it makes me feel like a graphic designer, or someone cool like that."
Guy walking in front of us: "Did you just say you were a graphic designer? That is so awesome! I'm looking into the program..."
Me: Laughter. "Um, no. We just learned how to use a new program in our English class."
Guy: "Oh. Never mind."
I wish I was that cool. Seriously. Think of the glamor and glitz! Sadly, the excitement from pretending to be cool wears off pretty quickly.
Someday I'll be cool. Maybe I'll be flipping burgers, but I will still be cool.
Comments
Post a Comment