it's the end of the year as we know it...

...and I feel fine. Or do I? I haven't really had a chance to wax philosophical about the year's end until now. Frankly, I don't really care that 2009 bites the dust. Not that it was a bad year or anything, but there really is no going back to the good times. I kinda look forward to 2010, mostly because I kinda look forward to time passing. Is that pathetic? (Don't answer). Of course, I keep telling myself that there are many good times ahead. Hopefully a few of them manage to happen during 2010, although I feel like 2010 will be one of those in-betweener-wiener years that falls between the bookends of momentous events. I'm probably wrong, but you never know.

As far as 2009 goes, here are some things I never thought I'd ever do. Ever. But you know what? I'm glad I did them.

  1. Gnome sitting. Seriously. What would I ever do without Nathan? Without him, my social life would be completely non-existent. In my world, he is a step up from having an imaginary friend. He actually exists! Of course, conversation is a little limited, but all in all, Nathan is great to have around.
  2. Monkeysoup! I used to be so afraid of people actually reading what I write. I still am. But it is kind of nice to know I have a small audience out there (Hi Mom!) who will read what I write.
  3. Going to the zoo. Okay, I knew I was going to college in 2009, but I didn't know it would be like this. It's been good and I've done really well, but as far as deciding what to do at the zoo...that was unexpected.
  4. Getting facebook. Although it is sucking away at my soul, facebook has been convenient. I'm still trying to get used to it - goal for 2010? - but I'm glad for the extra social tie (really, I am).
  5. High school craziness. As much as I wanted to get out of high school, in some ways, I miss it. Am I glad it is over and done with? I think so. After going through pictures the other day (i.e. weeding out scrapbook worthy material) and reminiscing in nostalgia, I am ambivalent about the end of high school drama. BUT. Do not be alarmed. I don't want to go back (2010 will not be the year of the super-Senior). I just miss the security of high school craziness. Someday I'll probably miss the security of college craziness (what security? Independence will probably be the virtue I miss most, although I try to give it up whenever I get a chance). Until then, I guess I'll be grateful for what I got and what I learned from what I had.
Huzzah for 2009! Thanks for the good times, the memories, and the unexpected days. I think I shall smile when I remember you. In fact, I know I shall smile when I remember you. Thanks.

2010, I have three words for you: bring it on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady