bellybutton exclusive!
I have debated for quite some time whether this post would be releasing too much information about me and my bellybutton (seriously, if the tabloids got hold of this, they would be making millions). But since it is mostly G rated and because I think it is a rather interesting topic, I've decided to write about it anyways.
My bellybutton has healed. Mostly. That nasty sore and crusty skin? It's
basically gone. (For those of you who don't see my bellybutton on a regular basis, it had a nasty, crusty, oozing sore. I don't know where it came from or how it got there, but it appeared a few months ago on my bellybutton. And it was lovely.). Mom said the sore was the result of my umbilical cord (i.e. ties to home and her) not being completely severed when I moved into the jungle. Which is true. I'm home again, home again, and life is wonderful.
basically gone. (For those of you who don't see my bellybutton on a regular basis, it had a nasty, crusty, oozing sore. I don't know where it came from or how it got there, but it appeared a few months ago on my bellybutton. And it was lovely.). Mom said the sore was the result of my umbilical cord (i.e. ties to home and her) not being completely severed when I moved into the jungle. Which is true. I'm home again, home again, and life is wonderful.But if this theory is correct, there are several implications to me and my bellybutton's state of well-being: If my bellybutton is healed, does that mean that deep down inside my ties to home have been severed? (Because they haven't). Does it mean I'm finally independent? (Because I'm not). I'm pretty sure this is not an indication of me finally growing up and becoming a big kid. If I were grown-up, I don't think I'd be posting about bellybuttons.
So if I develop a sore over this next week when I return to the jungle, we will all know why my bellybutton fungus has returned: I just can't leave home.
Comments
Post a Comment