obsessive-cleanliness disorder not otherwise specified
Evidence for:
- I make my bed.
- I spontaneously clean (like the microwave yesterday and the nastilicious chili that splattered EVERYWHERE - no one would claim the mess and the microwave smelled really really really bad, so I cleaned it while my roommates watched incredulously).
- I notice abnormal things (like hairballs that blend in with the floor - who ususally notices those?).
- I can't stand to eat in bed (or have other people eat on my bed).
- Underwear on the floor makes me shudder.
- Germs. The swine flu. Germs. They frighten me.
- I clean still more.
- I organize (my clothes are color-coordinated. I didn't realize this until last week. When in the world did that happen?).
- I blog about it.
- I'm going crazy.
- I may get the urge to pick up other people's underwear, a completely unsanitary desire.
- I'm unrealistic.
- I'm probably really annoying.
- I'm self-diagnosing myself. This can't be healthy.
Note: I'm not cleaning or exhibiting these tendencies to be self-righteous. Never have I said, "What's your problem? Can you not make your bed? Ha. You have serious issues." In fact, I'm quite concerned that I will spontaneously clean for weeks straight on end, which although a quite normal activity for some, may seem as a quite concerning, abnormal behavior by others.
Question: Why is it that college brings out the worst or most interesting characteristics of people? Why can't cool tendencies be created, like superpowers ,or something even more amazing? Why?
Life just isn't fair. I think I'll go clean something.
Comments
Post a Comment