i'm sorry
I'm sorry college isn't the greatest. I'm sorry I'm not always loving the jungle. I'm sorry I'm not having the time of my life. I'm sorry I'm changing. I'm sorry I'm honest. I'm sorry I get homesick. I'm sorry about my attitude. I'm sorry I study. I'm sorry I'm not outgoing. I'm sorry I'm not meeting expectations. I'm sorry for it all. I'm sorry I'm not trying harder. I'm sorry I'm different. I'm sorry I'm not trying to get married. I'm sorry I have my own kind of fun. I'm sorry I don't fit in. I'm sorry I don't know which box is mine. I'm sorry I'm trying to find myself. I'm sorry I'm me.
Forgive me. I'll try harder. I'll try to meet expectations. I'll try to conform. I'll try to be the person everyone thinks I should become.
But forgive me again. Because even if I try, I'm going to fail. I'm not going to meet your expectations. I'm not going to be that girl. I'm not going to be the same. I've changed already.
I'm sick of failure. I'm sick of disappointment. I'm sick of trying to be something I'm not.
I'm ready to succeed. And I will. I am. I have to.
I'm going to succeed at being me.
Forgive me. I'll try harder. I'll try to meet expectations. I'll try to conform. I'll try to be the person everyone thinks I should become.
But forgive me again. Because even if I try, I'm going to fail. I'm not going to meet your expectations. I'm not going to be that girl. I'm not going to be the same. I've changed already.
I'm sick of failure. I'm sick of disappointment. I'm sick of trying to be something I'm not.
I'm ready to succeed. And I will. I am. I have to.
I'm going to succeed at being me.
Amen, sister :)
ReplyDeleteSorry for what? We are proud of you and love you! Don't worry about what others say - live your life the best you know how and try to have fun doing it. Enough preaching. We love you.
ReplyDeleteLove Dad