brilliance

family home evening + speed dating + stupid boys + awkward conversations = brilliant Jessica

stupid boy: So, what do you like to do?
me: Should I take the nerdy approach? Why not? It's not like he's listening to anything I'm saying. I like to read and write... (yup, he's not even listening to me).
stupid boy: Oh. I hate reading and writing. The only reason I'm here is for sports.
Enter Awkward Silence.
stupid boy: So, um, what do you like to read?
me: Nice recovery from the awkward silence there, pal. Well, I really love Tess of the D'urbervilles. It's one of my favorites.
stupid boy: What's it about?
me: Well, it's about this girl who gets raped and then how she recovers from it and deals with the horrible man who took advantage of her. You see, the symbolism in it is really spectacular....

Ouch. Am I brilliant or what?

I'm brilliant. And it's killing me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady