dear mom...
You know when you used to wake me up, pulling me out of bed so that I would only arrive marginally late to high school? You'd turn the light on in my room, and you'd say my name. You never pulled me out by my big toe, but you sometimes threatened. I tried my best to use my alarm, but some mornings it was too hard. I was reliant on you.
I write this not because I'm having difficulties waking up. On the contrary, I am doing fantastic! I am the first one up every morning at 7:00, and have a little quiet time to myself. It is nice.
My roommates, on the other hand, aren't quite so diligent. Last night after I finally fell asleep to the sounds of shouting Disney songs, loud phone conversations, bright lights, and other racket, I was awakened (it was 1 am) by a roommate who wanted me to wake her up this morning. At least, I think she does - I was too groggy and too sleepy to say anything else other than, "Sure," before rolling over and hiding my face underneath my blanket.
So Mom, I just wanted to say, thanks for taking the time to wake me up and for always being patient. I appreciate it.
Love, Jessica
P.S. The real question is, how should I wake her up? Stick her hand in warm water? Pull her out by her big toe? Put ice down her shirt?
P.P.S. Never mind. She's awake.
I write this not because I'm having difficulties waking up. On the contrary, I am doing fantastic! I am the first one up every morning at 7:00, and have a little quiet time to myself. It is nice.
My roommates, on the other hand, aren't quite so diligent. Last night after I finally fell asleep to the sounds of shouting Disney songs, loud phone conversations, bright lights, and other racket, I was awakened (it was 1 am) by a roommate who wanted me to wake her up this morning. At least, I think she does - I was too groggy and too sleepy to say anything else other than, "Sure," before rolling over and hiding my face underneath my blanket.
So Mom, I just wanted to say, thanks for taking the time to wake me up and for always being patient. I appreciate it.
Love, Jessica
P.S. The real question is, how should I wake her up? Stick her hand in warm water? Pull her out by her big toe? Put ice down her shirt?
P.P.S. Never mind. She's awake.
Ah, the quiet time of morning. Maybe now you understand why I tried to get up earlier than the kids and always felt robbed when a baby/toddler woke up earlier than expected.
ReplyDeleteBut darn, you didn't get to wake your roommate up. My vote would have been the hand in warm water but I wouldn't want to be responsible for the mess.
Love you.