psychologically (un)sound

Psychology is great! Really great! Seriously, I've learned a lot of valuable information on how the brain works, nature vs. nurture, and people in general. And now I'm learning about sleep.

Ah sleep, the nectar of life. The sweet dreams that take me from here to there to everywhere, from life to death, love and war. Sleep. O sleep, thou goddess of the night, thy waking death rejuvenates my soul.

Sleep.

Sleep is great! Until you read about all of its functions, that is. Last night after studying Stage 4 delta waves, and REM madness, I fell asleep. It was wonderful. Until....

I woke up at 4 am.

Fantastic.

There are several explanations for this: a) I have sleep apnea (do I snore? Please tell me I don't snore); b) I was awakened by an outside stimulus that my subconscious is atuned to; c) My brain is psychologically (un)sound in some area; or d) I simply woke up in the middle of the night.

I'm going with (d).

Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.

Naptime, anyone?

Comments

  1. I believe Henry IV addressed sleep as "nature's soft nurse." :) It sounds like "uneasy lies the head" of Jessica. I'm sorry! Take naps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady